Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dating and facebook.

Never add or tell a guy you dating that you have a facebook account or that he should acquire one. A guy with no facebook account is a blessing!

Now..Beware! Girls' double standards are on the way, but let me be, god bless feminism :D


Facebookers and them being males is one combination that does not pass the attractiveness test for me, something I have discovered lately but it is such a turn-off! And no matter what their age, status or "maturity" level, they will still be questionable no matter what, especially if they are married, oh how I despise the info filling "married" but interested in "women", despicable!
Adding fuel to fire, Facebook also and somehow takes from the manliness factor and I would rather have him rugged, with automobile oils all over his torn, messy hair, half naked, washed out jeans fixing, some car! Ok I am fantasizing in here, ignore :D

One guy who seem to top the scale of all the guys I have met in the UAE – marriage wise- have joined facebook under the auspices and encouragement of ehem, me…(what was I thinking! ) And it created blackout and a communication gap between us, and only now we are catching up, when it is time for me to go.

Not only he viewed some flirtatious and damn cute remark of a guy I knew from university whom I have long lost in touch with, or a guy I have met randomly in my –real- life and somehow decided out of the blue and at some point to send me a cat icon gift but never bothered to be interested when we met in "real life" but also, guys who think they are my real friends or I am their real friend, and give me a shout of "how am I doing and how are my parents doing?", even if they have never met my parents and do not even know that I have relocated to the UAE a year ago!

Facebook and the internet gives guys the courage to speak out more and communicate with females on a higher level more so than real life, I have two guys (my two main crushes in my life so far) who have admitted likeness to me on the net but they could not have done it real life and these guys are considered personable and strong. But this lack of courage and spontaneous behaviour really makes female lives rather dull and boring.


But really, due to this abrupt, out of no where remarks from obscure guys I have met back in the Richard the Lion times, can deter serious relationships from budding and blossoming.
Facebook really gives my social life a fake "facelift" that I am all about and all going, but it is really fake remarks and comments from people who I did not seen ever since the ice age, that can screw dating potentials by creating mistrust and suspicion.

Nevertheless, it can be a real challenge for the two warring genders, to weave trust from all the fakeness, and even though it created discrepancies with this "potential", it also somehow taught him to trust me.

6 comments:

Average American said...

So I guess you are saying that "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus" over there too? From the dawn of time, probably until the last human on earth draws his(or her) last breath of air, the sexes will never fully understand each other. I think that is God's plan to make things interesting.

Shams said...

i think there is some kind of insecurity between men and women, and this can only be solved through communication to make apparent each other's agendas and what they are looking for.

Arafat Medini said...

I dont agree.
A facebook account is a portal for my friends to see my activities. When I want to meet women I do it outside.
You have something mixed up in your brain ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheRelationshipcompany.com said...

Thank for share, it is very important.....

mewmewmew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.